Top Airlines of the Year

MSNBC released the results of an airline survey by Zagat. Here are some results:
  • Top Economic Class: JetBlue. With newer planes, younger crews, and first-check bag free, I flew JetBlue several times after I moved to Syracuse.  
  • Top Premium Class: Continental. I am not sure if it will sustain after the mergers with United.
  • Top Frequent Flyer Program: Virgin Airlines.
  • Top Best-Value-for-the-Ticket: Southwest. I often flew Southwest when I was in Texas. I hope Southwest will fly to Syracuse soon.
  • Top Flight Entertainment: JetBlue. I really like the individual “entertainment system.” I recalled that I flew Singapore Airlines in 2001, when I first experienced my individual game/movie system in my seat. Entering 2011, I wonder why there are still very few airlines that adopt this concept.
  • Best Airport: Portland, OR. I agree that JFK and LaGuardia never brought me any pleasant experiences. Period. In terms of big airports, I like DFW the best.
I shared a family story about how a person may build or ruin a company’s reputation in the summer. Customer service is just crucial in the service industry. What are your experiences with airlines and/or airports? How did the services you experienced affect your impressions to the airlines and/or the airports?

 

Popular posts from this blog

Public Relations and Social Media (by Marlon Wong Granados)

6 Travel Trends for the Summer of 2016

Convenience over Class: Serving Vino in Cans (by Kristen Rinck)